Main directions of the Сompany development
At present, the basis of the Company's generating capacity consists of coal-fired condensing units. In the near future, despite the Company's involvement in renewable energy projects, coal generation will remain the main competence of "Samruk-Energy" JCS.
To this end, as part of development of generation, the focus will be on performance improvement of existing facilities, including: reduction of production costs, efficient operation and repair of equipment, innovative development and effective implementation of investment programs.
Improving the performance of existing facilities
As regards reduction of cost of electricity produced by power plants, the work aimed at reducing costs for fuel used is underway and will be performed in the future as well. The Company addresses this objective by implementing a number of events, including:
- Optimization of power units’ optimization modes.
- Reducing the cost of water for process needs.
- Implementation of energy conservation and energy efficiency program.
- Other activities.
Financial sustainability improvement
In the medium term, the Company will strengthen measures to preserve and strengthen financial sustainability. This strategic initiative will allow effectively manage its debt and achieve an optimal capital structure.
Innovation development and digitization
As part of the Company's innovative development program, several projects, which aim to improve performance, are implemented at present, including:
- Digital power plant. The project involves the possible introduction of a centralized collection of production and technological data, remote monitoring and forecasting of production processes and the technical condition of components, assemblies, equipment and systems for monitoring production processes of “Samruk-Energy” JSC group of companies (digital control room) based on production and technical platforms. This will allow receiving reliable data and ensuring the autonomy of processes, excluding the human factor in production.
- Studies on the possibility of using fluidized bed and circulating fluidized bed technologies for firing high-ash coal (50% ash or more coal – layer No. 3 of the Ekibastuz deposit and depleted coal / coal by-products) are conducted in conjunction with Nazarbayev University.
- The system of oil-free starting up of boiler units implies the equipping of a plasma-fuel system. People's Republic of China, the Russian Federation, and Indonesia successfully use this technology at power units with capacity from 200 to 1,000 MW.
- The implementation of “Digital coal mine” project involves automatic monitoring of operating characteristics of mining and mining transport equipment of a coal mine (weight of the cargo being transported, location, technological condition, speed, pressure and temperature in tires, etc.), automation and analytics of daily performance of dump trucks: number of trips, freight turnover, engine hours, mileage, fuel consumption, automatic control and analysis of drivers’ and operators of mining and mining transport equipment discipline in the workplace: downtime, the beginning and end of work.